Overwintered Carnica (Carniolan) Queens Naturally Mated
Carnica (Carniolan) Bees Characteristics:
- they are gentle which makes the work easy for the beekeeper
- overwinters very well
- mild propolis producer
- early spring evolution.
- Fast rhythm of brood production and then brood rearing reduction when available forage decreases
- very good immunity
- low tendency to rob honey
- Forage earlier in the morning and later in the evening, and on cool, wet days
- Due to their region of origin, they are more likely to forage on cold, wet days than other types of bees and rank among the best for overwintering.